We don’t always appreciate the special people in our lives. Let’s think about one special person and pay attention to the feelings they share with us. We can show them gratitude and tell them how much care.
To be able to identify the feelings of others and show gratitude.
- Cut out 6 circles using colorful paper, about 3 inches (7.5 centimeters) wide
- On the center circle write the name of someone (example: MOTHER) you appreciate or are thankful for, on the remaining 5 circles, write some things you appreciate about that special person (example: kind, gentle, patient, loving, funny) Use the emotion resource sheet as needed.
- Fold the 5 of the circles in half and cut a small slit in the center
- Tape the wire to the center circle to make the stem of the flower
- Align the slit of each folded circle and slide them one by one onto the center circle
- Twist the bottom of the wire into a small circle to make it stand. Collect all the flowers on the table to make a blooming garden.
- How does it feel to show appreciation and gratitude for someone?
- When you think about other people’s emotions, how do you feel?
- What did it feel like to think of 5 ideas for the flower? Could you keep going?
- What happens when we show appreciation for others?
Made by Joel & Patty Freedman