Color Your Heart
At this station, you'll identify emotions you are feeling and color a heart to represent what is going on inside.
Identifying Emotions and recognizing that often many emotions can be going on inside. Sharing emotions with a safe person without having to use words.
- Pick up a Color Your Heart handout from the table, Highlight each word you feel with a new color. Don’t over think it.
- Using the colors that you highlighted your emotions with, begin coloring in you heart. Use different sizes and shapes to represent how much or how little you feel that emotion.
- Fold your paper in half and show a friend or family member. *No one has to know what specific emotions you chose but if you want you can share them with that trusted person.
- What was your favorite color?
- What color took up the most space in your heart?
- What color took the less amount of space in your heart?
Invite participants to write a reﬂection of some of the emotions that they selected. Answering the questions above. Process how this activity might help you if you kept a color your heart journal and filled out the heart once a day.