Name That Emoji
What are the feelings you see in these unusual emoji cards?
Expand your feeling vocabulary.
- Randomly choose one of the emoji cards.
- Make the face shown on the emoji and imagine when you might have this feeling.
- Write the name of the feeling on the card. It can be a made-up or creative feeling.
- Put your card with the other “named” Emoji cards. Then look at one of the other cards someone named. If you agree that the card shows the feeling written, write “+1” next to that feeling. Or, you can write another feeling you think is shown on the card.
- Find another person who named an Emoji. How easy or hard was it to think of a name?
- When you made the face, did it change how you thought about the feeling?
- How many different feeling words do you normally use each day? What would happen if people had a lot more, and more exact, words to talk about feelings?
Invite participants to write their own “Emoji Movie” script where a group of Emojis have an adventure and learn to work together.