It can feel overwhelming to think about Climate Change. There are lots of troubling things happening like storms, floods, fires, droughts, and heatwaves. How do you feel about it? What action step would you take? In this activity, children create a climate change poster and put their feelings into action to contribute to positive change.
To be able to identify and share your emotions about the effects of climate change and identify an action to support change.
- Think about the changes to our planet that are associated with climate change (rising sea levels, extreme weather patterns, droughts, floods, forest fires, ice cap melting)
- Draw a picture about climate change to express yourself.
- Fill in the sentences at the bottom of the page:
‘I feel ____ because____” and “One action I can take is _______.”
- What do emotions tell you about things you care about? What’s the message you are getting?
- How do you get others on board to take action about something you feel strongly about?
- What does it feel like to commit to taking an action step?
- What do you want to do next?
Balochistan Boy Scouts Association (BBSA) & Patty Freedman