In this activity, you will learn about the sustainable development goals and think about what actions you can take to help support them while making a shareable craft.
Walk away from this station with an action step for an SDG you care about.
- Look over the 17 SDG goal cards. Which goals mean the most to you? Why? Choose one at your favorite and write the Goal Number or Goal Name, or draw a picture of the symbol on your bird body. Why did you pick your favorite goal? What is something you can do to contribute to help? Write your action on the bird body.
- Color the bird and wings and cut them out.
- Fold wings in half
- Tie a string around the folded section of the wings
- Tape or glue the wings to the bird
- Start flapping!
- Why is it important to have Global Goals? What will it take to achieve these goals? Who is responsible for achieving them?
- This activity focuses on Goal #17 Partnerships for the Goals. What does partnership mean to you? The SDGs are much bigger than the goals we can achieve individually. What other kinds of examples can we think of that are projects so big that we can’t do the job alone? (some real-life examples: caring for patients in the hospital, growing the food we eat, making electricity)
- What’s one thing you want to remember and share with others about the SDGs?