HeartMath Get in Sync
Pick up a Get in Sync problem-solving handout from the table.
There are 3 steps to this tool.
- Step One: Write down or draw an issue or problem you are experiencing.Make it small or medium-sized, not a big issue.
- Step Two: Practice the Get in Sync tool. Shift your focus to the area of the heart, breathe more deeply and try to activate a warm feeling like appreciation for someone. After 30-45 seconds, ask yourself what is the best way to handle this problem or issue?
- Step Three: Write down or draw your answer.
As an option, when finished, try to identify what you were feeling before you used the Get in Sync tool and what you felt afterwards. Write down in one or two words a feeling word such to describe what you felt (under #1 beforehand and #3 afterward). if comfortable, share your results with other people.
- How often do you stop and pause when upset or disappointed? How can it help?
- Why does the brain work better when we pause, breathe more deeply and then ask for solutions or better ways to handle stressful situations.
Invite participants to write a story, letter, or a journal entry describing how they became clearer on ways to handle a stressor.