Rights Pictures – UNICEF WCD
At this station, you’ll join UNICEF’s mission to help and protect ALL children.
Learn more about the Rights of the Child. Did you know World Children’s Day (November 20) is an annual global moment ‘for children, by children?’ It’s a day of action - to advocate, raise funds and awareness on the most pressing issues facing children.
- Look over the Rights of The Child Cards (adapted from the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child). Which one do you feel most strongly about?
- Using markers or crayons, draw and write the Right you’ve chosen on the blank paper.
- Share your creation. Get permission from an adult to take a photo of you and your work then share on social media. In your post, say why learning about emotions helps with the right you’ve drawn about.
Don’t forget to add the tags: #EQPOPUP #WorldChildrensDay
- Why do you feel strongly about this right?
- What would it be like if children everywhere had these rights?
- What is one thing you can do to help teach other people about children’s rights?
After the exercise, invite participants to write about the right they’ve chosen:
- Why is this right important to you?
- If you were going to protect this right for more children, what would you teach children & adults that would help them make this right flourish?
Patty Freedman & Joshua Freedman