Wrong or Different
- Pick up one of the cards from the stack. Is this something you consider normal? If so, put it back and choose another that is not “normal” to you.
- Is what it says on the card “Wrong” or “Different”? Place the card on the chart to show your view.
- Next to your own card, or another card, how do you feel seeing this card where it was placed?
Next, you can discuss the card and chart with someone else.
- How do you decide if something is “Wrong” or “Different”?
- Are there any cards up on the chart that don’t seem either Wrong or Different to you (maybe they seem normal to you?) How do you feel seeing that on the chart?
- The words on the chart are pretty simple ideas. What are some beliefs or behaviors that you would have a hard time deciding where to put? Why is that?
- In your day-to-day life, what are some situation in which you act as if someone else’s ideas or ways are wrong? How about different?
Write a story about an experience when you were being/doing something that you thought was “normal” or “acceptable” but someone else thought it was “wrong.” What happened? Did one of you change your viewpoint?