Rights & Responsibilities – UNICEF WCD
At this station, you will explore the rights of all children and the responsibilities that people, including children, have to uphold these rights.
Think about the Rights of children everywhere and the responsibilities that go along with these rights
- Read the Rights of Children Handout
- Choose a few rights to write on the left side of the Rights and Responsibilities chart
- Think of a responsibility that will help ensure each right is honored.
- What is an action step you can do to uphold one of the rights? Write your answer in blue. If you’re allowed to, take a selfie with your answer and post it on social media. In your post, say why you care about this right & responsibility.
Don’t forget to add the tags: #EQPOPUP #WorldChildrensDay
- Talk with others at the station about the rights you each chose and the responsibilities that go with them.
- Talk with others about the three steps to EQ below and which one will you choose to help you in supporting these rights and responsibilities.
Here are three steps to EQ:
- Being aware. Noticing our own feelings and reactions.
- Being intentional. Deciding how we want to respond.
- Being purposeful. Taking action each day for a better world.
Invite participants to write a story, letter, or a journal entry about a Right that they have and what responsibility and feeling goes along with it.